As summer closes in, longer days will call for creativity for spare time. You and your family or friends will be looking for few new, interesting activities since school will be out. We propose this list of 15 fun attractions in Oklahoma – ranging from indoor to outdoor and active to calm. You’re sure to find something compelling on this master list of summer fun!
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge – Escape from the world for a few hours and visit the beautiful mountain ranges in southwest Oklahoma. Or, stop by Prairie Dog Town for an extremely cute experience.
- White Water Bay – Cool off at the best waterpark in the state of Oklahoma. There are countless summer deals and events like Dive-In Movies and season pass specials.
- Philbrook Museum of Art – One of Tulsa’s many focal points, the Philbrook is sure to stun any visitor from the inside out with its beautiful art and architecture.
- Myriad Botanical Gardens – Pretend you’re on a tropical vacation this summer with a visit to the Myriad Gardens in downtown OKC.
- OKC Zoo – See some out-of-the-ordinary animals on a sunny summer day. The OKC Zoo makes for a great summer date too.
- Frontier City – This theme park will take you on a wild ride and help make some amazing summer memories.
- Great Salt Plains State Park – Located in north Oklahoma, less than an hour from the Kansas border, dig up your own crystal souvenirs at the breathtaking Salt Plains of Oklahoma.
- Museum of Osteology – Do you find skeletons creepy or riveting? The Museum of Osteology can put an educational twist on a summer afternoon at a reasonable price.
- Turner Falls – Located in Davis, Oklahoma, Turner Falls is one of the most well-known attractions in Oklahoma and will surely not disappoint. Hiking, swimming and camping adventures await you in this oasis.
- Science Museum Oklahoma – For an indoor activity that will tire out the kids as much as a mountain hike, look no further than the science museum. With interactive and educational activities everywhere, there is never a dull moment.
- Chickasaw Cultural Center – Connect with Oklahoma’s native roots at this beautiful cultural center located in Sulphur, OK.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum – The bombing of the Murrah Building in 1995 was a dark time for Oklahoma and the nation. Now, the memorial serves as a calming reminder of the strength of our country and people.
- OKC Museum of Art – Permanent home to a large collection of glass art, pop art and many others, the art museum in Oklahoma City will surely not disappoint. Check to see the latest exhibit and plan your visit today.
- Alabaster Caverns State Park – These caverns feature some of the prettiest natural formations in the entire state. It’s the perfect summer trip for cave divers and kindergarteners alike.
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum – What’s the best way to soak up an Oklahoma summer than visiting the Cowboy Hall of Fame? We are the “y’all” state, after all.
This list has no particular order, but we urge you to visit as many of these wonderful locations as you can. Looking for a new home close to some summer fun? Contact us at 405-310-6450 to learn more about our many properties and the amusement surrounding the areas.